If you’re looking for the best recipes for all-natural homemade dog food, you’ve come to the right place. Here at A Naturally Balanced Dog, we believe that healthy dogs start with healthy diets, which is why we’re such big proponents of homemade dog food.
Not only is homemade dog food often more nutritious than commercial kibble or canned food, but it’s also usually much cheaper to make yourself. Plus, the health benefits can help your furry friend!
There are a lot of different ways to make homemade dog food, and the best recipe for your pup will depend on their individual needs and preferences. That said, there are a few key ingredients that should be included in every All natural homemade dog food recipes.
● First and foremost, you’ll need some sort of protein source. This could be cooked, preferably raw chicken, turkey, beef, lamb, fish, or tofu. You will need to also include some organ meat such as liver, giblets, or heart.
● People might be surprised about feeding raw meat to their dog, but here is a thought to ponder. There are 180,000 species on this planet and only one cooks their food. Dogs are carnivores and just like their wild counter parts, fox, coyote, and wolfs. They are made to tear flesh and crunch bones. Raw meat is natural food for dogs.
Calcium for strong bones and teeth
● Raw bones are digestible and a natural part of a carnivore’s diet, they provide calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, and other essential fatty acids. The most common raw bones fed are chicken, duck, wings, necks and feet. However, you should never feed cooked bones because they splinter and can be dangers.
● Egg Shells are another good source of calcium, we recommend using only farmed egg only because commercial eggs are chemically treated.
● Bone Meal is also a great option as a calcium if you buy at the health food store and not at home and garden stores as it’s not safe for animal consumption.
Veggies and More
● You’ll also want to include some healthy fats in your recipe for essential fatty acids. Good fat sources for dogs include olive oil, coconut oil, and flaxseed oil.
● Finally, don’t forget to add some vegetables to your recipe for vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Some of the best vegetables for dogs include butternut squash, kale, green beans, broccoli, and spinach.
As you can see, there are a lot of different ingredients that can be used to make all-natural homemade dog food. All recipes should include a protein source, calcium, healthy fats for essential fatty acids, and vegetables for vitamins and minerals. The best all-naturalhomemade dog food recipes are found on our website. So, let’s get started in the kitchen!